Wednesday, November 5, 2008

[ILOVEBLOGS 5] 05


05 當爺爺牽起奶奶的手
You are my grandmother. You are old. You play two rounds of mahjong every night with the same people. You do not go out by yourself. You hope for the weekends to arrive sooner when your husband doesn't need to attend business meetings. You sit at home without anything to do during the day. You have no friends here. You hire a nanny to play board games with you. You have trouble walking by yourself. You do not do art. You are seen as a fragile being. You have trouble reading. You watch the news ocassionally on the television. You sleep most of your time away. You find no meaning in living. You wait for your husband's return from work. You are always alone. You are my grandmother.
Typical view from the apartment, Fuzhou, Fujiang, China

3 comments:

夕。ALICE said...

omg...hometown fuzhou!
that's were I used to live, and that's where my grandmother is right now ...

I miss Fuzhou.

I never knew that the city has a loney side. but You've captured her sadness.

andykun said...

To alice:

oh ur from fuzhou too? my grandpa was born in pingtan

Pucky said...

I wonder if she's happy